In 2022, the ASERL Big Deal Community of Practice, creators of the The ASERL Eleven: Recommended Principles and Terms for Electronic Resource Agreements, and the ASERL Collection Assessment Interest Group merged to become the ASERL Collection Strategy Interest Group. The purpose of this new, combined group is to provide educational sessions and information sharing opportunities for professionals working in collection development / assessment, acquisitions, electronic resources, and content strategy from ASERL libraries on a variety of collections issues.
- The ASERL Collection Strategy Interest Group has hosted panels on the after-effects of “big deal” journal cancellations, town halls for members.
- We work with the ASERL Scholarly Communications Interest Group on presentations on open access publishing such as transformative open access agreements.
- The group also supports a limited number of Members-Only Offers for ASERL libraries.
The focus of this group will continue to be guided by input from interest group members. To join the ASERL Collection Strategy Interest Group listserv go to: https://lists.aserl-lists.org/mailman/listinfo/aserl-collection-strategy
Interest Group Leadership
The Collection Strategy Interest Group includes is guided by two co-chairs:
- Christopher Palazzolo firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Collections, Emory University) Co-chair, July 2022 – June 2024
- Christee Pascale email@example.com (Head of Acquisitions, University of South Carolina) Co-chair, July 2022 – June 2024