ASERL secures a limited number of product discount for its members based on expressions of interest and need from our members. Our current discount offers are:
- Mindscape Commons is the first project to document and deliver hundreds of immersive and interactive videos and virtual reality (VR) experiences for teaching and research. It won a 2021 Innovation in Publishing Award from Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP). See video overview. See product overview. Contact Lenny Rogers for more information. Closing date: June 30, 2022.
- Article Galaxy Scholar from Reprints Desk. Through October 1, 2021, ASERL members receive a discounted, flat-rate early adopter fee for the AGS platform. After 10/1/2021, a discounted, tiered pricing model is available, based on the number of potential users for the AGS platform as selected by the library. ASERL members also receive discounts of $0.50-$1.00 on the Service Fee for documents delivered using AGS. Please contact Maria Hatfield for pricing details and information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Directory of Open Access Journals: ASERL members can receive a 30% discount on their DOAJ Support Fees. (Fees quoted below include the ASERL discount.)
Basic – 1 year: $683
Basic – 3 year up-front: $1740
Sustaining – 1 year: $2730
Sustaining – 3 year up-front: $6962
Please contact John Burger for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Academic Libraries Video Trust. ASERL libraries can become ALVT Founding Benefactors for a one-time payment of $6,000 (regularly $10,000) or ALVT Basic Members for an annual fee of $250 (regularly $500). See the April 30, 2020 webinar and/or contact Jeff Tamblyn for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Backstage Library Works. ASERL members receive 8% discount on most services provided by BSLW, including non-English cataloging, MARC-RDA record conversion, ILS database migration, retrospective conversion, and digitization. See https://www.bslw.com/aserl-program/ for additional information. Please contact BSLW for more details/price quotes. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Reprints Desk: For documents found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $4.50 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost and applicable sales tax. For documents NOT found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $14.00 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost, and sales tax, if applicable. Contact Tony Landolt for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- ORCID author identification system, via partnership with Greater Western Library Alliance. The “Premium” level of ORCID service available to ASERL members for $4,300/year, plus $86 administrative fee to GWLA. This represents an 80% discount off list price. See http://bit.ly/2yRglx9 for boilerplate terms & conditions. See http://www.aserl.org/2017/09/orcid-roadshow/ for more details on implementing ORCID. See ORCID-US Home Page (hosted by LYRASIS.) No closing date for this offer at this time.
- RAPID ILL. ASERL has a longstanding agreement with RAPID-ILL to provide discounts to ASERL libraries on their service fees. No closing date for this offer at this time.
RAPID-ILL 1-Time Set-up Fee:
* ARL-level libs: $7,000 (reduced from $9,700)
* Academic E libs: $6,000 (reduced from $8,700)
* Academic I libs: $5,000 (reduced from $7,700)
RAPID-ILL Annual Maintenance
* ARL-level libs: $7,595 (reduced from $8,895)
* Academic E libs: $6,510 (reduced from $7,820)
* Academic I libs: $4,880 (reduced from $6,730)
Rapid-R fees (assumes the library already subscribes to Rapid-ILL, above)
* ARL-level libs: $1,519 (reduced from $1,779)
* Academic E libs: $1,302 (reduced from $1,564)
* Academic I libs: $976 (reduced from $1,346)
Have ideas for additional group purchase offers you’d like ASERL to consider? Please contact John Burger at email@example.com.