AGENDA [PDF format]
ASERL Spring 2019 Membership Meeting
May 30 – 31, 2019 – Reston, Virginia
May 30, 2019
9:00am: ASERL Board of Directors Meeting. Lake Anne Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Hyatt Regency Reston Town Center
11:30am: Buffet Lunch – Served in Lake Anne Foyer; Dine in Lake Anne Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Hyatt Regency Reston Town Center
11:30am: Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting / Working lunch. Town Center ‘A’ Room, 2nd floor, Hyatt Reston Town Center.
12:30pm: ASERL Fall 2018 Membership Meeting
Lake Anne Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Hyatt Regency Reston Town Center.
12:30pm – 12:45pm: Welcome / Call to Order / Member’s News & Notes – Yolanda Cooper, Emory University
12:45pm – 3:45pm: Presentation: Cultural Competence: The Role of Leaders in Workforce Inclusion – DeEtta Jones, founder, DeEtta Jones & Associates
2:00pm – 2:15pm: Break
3:45pm: Recess for the day
4:15pm: Tours & Members’ Reception
4:15pm: Bus departs Hyatt hotel for George Mason University
5:00pm: Arrive George Mason University campus – Fairfax, VA
5:00pm – 5:45pm: Tours of Fenwick Library
5:00pm – 6:30pm: Members’ Reception
6:30pm: Bus departs GMU campus for Hyatt hotel
Our sincere thanks to George Mason University Libraries for sponsoring our reception and the transportation to it.
May 31, 2019
8:00am: Continental Breakfast – Lake Anne Foyer, Hyatt Regency Reston
8:30am Reconvene. Lake Anne Conference Room, Hyatt Regency Reston
Follow-up items from previous day?
8:30am – 8:45am: Report / Discussion: Proposed Activities from ASERL’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee – Chris Cox, Clemson University & Martin Halbert, UNC Greensboro. See: Recommended DEI Activity Plan
8:45am – 9:30am ASERL 2019 Annual Meeting
• Annual Financial Report – Tim Pyatt, ASERL Secretary-Treasurer
• ASERL Board Elections – Yolanda Cooper
• Review / Vote: Proposed changes to ASERL’s Bylaws – Tim Pyatt
• Review / Discussion / Interest Poll: Proposed new staff position for ASERL – Yolanda Cooper, John Burger
• New Business?
9:30am – 9:45am: Break
9:45am – 11:15am: Panel Presentation: How are ASERL Members managing “Big Deal” conversations on campus? How can ASERL support these initiatives? Yolanda Cooper, moderator.
• Bruce Keisling, U-Louisville
• Nerea Llamas, UNC Chapel Hill
• Gale Estschmaier, FSU
• Nancy Godleski, Vanderbilt
• Carrie Cooper, William & Mary / VIVA
• Stanley Wilder, LSU
11:15am – 11:45am: Updates / Late-Breaking News
1) Scholars Trust Print Journal Retention / Collaborative Federal Depository Program Updates – Cheryle Cole-Bennett
2) Resource Sharing Updates– John Burger
a) Kudzu Courier Update
b) BTAA Vision Statement, Functional Requirements
c) BTAA Guidelines for Loaning Special Collections Materials
d) Statement on Controlled Digital Lending
3) Mutual Aid Principles / Disaster Response Inventory – John Burger
4) Others? TBD
11:45am – 12:00pm Q & A / Wrap-Up / Adjourn