Launched in September 2023, the ASERL Professional Development Interest Group is dedicated to exploring and dissecting the ever-evolving landscape of higher education and library trends. With a mission to stay at the forefront of emerging developments, the committee aims to harness this knowledge and present it to our community through webinars and forums, fostering an environment of continuous learning and growth throughout the year.
Our purview encompasses a broad spectrum of topics that are poised to shape the future of education and libraries. We are particularly focused on, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Investigating AI’s impact on libraries, learning, and research.
- Open Science: Analyzing the evolving landscape of open access, open data, and open scholarly communication.
- Affirmative Action Policies: Assessing the effects of these policies on the recruitment and retention of students in higher education institutions.
- New Instructional Design Tools: Exploring innovative tools and strategies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Virtual Reality in the Classroom: Examining the integration of virtual reality technologies for educational purposes.
We welcome and encourage our members to suggest additional areas of interest and exploration. If you have a particular topic in mind that you believe should be part of our agenda, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your input is invaluable, as we strive to create a robust and engaging program that resonates with the needs and interests of our community. Together, we will navigate the ever-shifting landscape of higher education and libraries, equipping ourselves with the knowledge and insights needed to excel in our respective roles.
Interest Group Leaders