In November 2016, the Scholars Trust Steering Committee approved the following process for addressing lost/missing issues of print serials committed for retention:
- The library notifies their print archive program staff member of the lost/missing material.
- The library updates or removes the holding statement for this title from the Journal Retention and Needs Listing database [JRNL]. In either case, the bib record remains in JRNL.
- If a partial loss, the holding statement is edited.
- If the entire run is lost, the entire holding statement is removed.
- The print archive program staff distributes a notice through the Scholars Trust listserv notifying participants of the loss, and to seek a replacement. Scholars Trust will always attempt to obtain a replacement copy to ensure continued access to retained materials.
- The PAPR Registry will also be updated as needed.