ASERL secures a limited number of product discount for its members based on expressions of interest and need from our members. Our current discount offers are:
- Adam Matthew Digital. Available through December 31, 2020. ASERL members will receive enhanced discounts (45% – 60%) off any AMD primary source content. Orders totaling $100K or more will receive additional discounts. If the group expenditure tops $2.9M before December 31, 2020, all ASERL libraries will receive perpetual access to AMD’s complete portfolio (through 2018) at no additional cost. See https://www.amdigital.co.uk/aserl for additional information and pricing info. Contact Alicia Sell with any questions.
- Academic Libraries Video Trust. ASERL libraries can become ALVT Founding Benefactors for a one-time payment of $6,000 (regularly $10,000) or ALVT Basic Members for an annual fee of $250 (regularly $500). See the April 30, 2020 webinar and/or contact Jeff Tamblyn for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Mergent – Investext and Mergent Archives. Available through December 18, 2020. Investext currently offers access to Thomson Reuters Embargoed Research Collection, with reports from over 2000 global contributors. The Mergent Archives include more than a century’s worth of global corporate and industry related documents. See the links above for more product information and offer details. Contact Victoria Poole with questions.
- Backstage Library Works. ASERL members receive 8% discount on most services provided by BSLW, including non-English cataloging, MARC-RDA record conversion, ILS database migration, retrospective conversion, and digitization. See http://bit.ly/2lCtXHo for additional information. Please contact Moy McIntosh at BSLW for more details/price quotes. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Reprints Desk: For documents found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $4.50 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost and applicable sales tax. For documents NOT found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $14.00 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost, and sales tax, if applicable. Contact Tony Landolt for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- ORCID author identification system, via partnership with Greater Western Library Alliance. The “Premium” level of ORCID service available to ASERL members for $4,300/year, plus $86 administrative fee to GWLA. This represents an 80% discount off list price. See http://bit.ly/2yRglx9 for boilerplate terms & conditions. See http://www.aserl.org/2017/09/orcid-roadshow/ for more details on implementing ORCID. See ORCID-US Home Page (hosted by LYRASIS.) No closing date for this offer at this time.
- RAPID ILL. ASERL has a longstanding agreement with RAPID-ILL to provide discounts to ASERL libraries on their service fees. No closing date for this offer at this time.
RAPID-ILL 1-Time Set-up Fee:
* ARL-level libs: $7,000 (reduced from $9,700)
* Academic E libs: $6,000 (reduced from $8,700)
* Academic I libs: $5,000 (reduced from $7,700)
RAPID-ILL Annual Maintenance
* ARL-level libs: $7,595 (reduced from $8,895)
* Academic E libs: $6,510 (reduced from $7,820)
* Academic I libs: $4,880 (reduced from $6,730)
Rapid-R fees (assumes the library already subscribes to Rapid-ILL, above)
* ARL-level libs: $1,519 (reduced from $1,779)
* Academic E libs: $1,302 (reduced from $1,564)
* Academic I libs: $976 (reduced from $1,346)
Have ideas for additional group purchase offers you’d like ASERL to consider? Please contact John Burger at email@example.com.