ASERL secures a limited number of product discount for its members based on expressions of interest and need from our members. Our current discount offers are:
- EBSCO ebooks: Available through June 30, 2020. EBSCO will provide a GOBI credit calculated at 5% of EBSCO eBook order volume via GOBI for the period July 2019 through June 2020, providing the order volume for that period is greater than the institution’s EBSCO eBook order volume via GOBI for the same period the prior year. See the flyer for more information. Contact Steve Strother with questions.
- Gale Digital Scholar Lab and select Gale Primary Source backfiles. Available through March 2020. See summary for offer details. Contact your Gale sales rep for more info / ordering.
- Adam Matthew Digital: Deep discounts on large content bundles, available through December 13, 2019. See the flyer and promotional sheet for more information. Contact Alicia Sell with pricing inquiries
- Backstage Library Works. ASERL members receive 8% discount on most services provided by BSLW, including non-English cataloging, MARC-RDA record conversion, ILS database migration, retrospective conversion, and digitization. See http://bit.ly/2lCtXHo for additional information. Please contact Moy McIntosh at BSLW for more details/price quotes. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- Reprints Desk: For documents found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $4.50 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost and applicable sales tax. For documents NOT found within the A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection, ASERL members will be offered a discounted Service Fee of $14.00 for each document delivered, plus copyright royalty or purchase cost, and sales tax, if applicable. Contact Tony Landolt for more information. No closing date for this offer at this time.
- ORCID author identification system, via partnership with Greater Western Library Alliance. The “Premium” level of ORCID service available to ASERL members for $4,300/year, plus $86 administrative fee to GWLA. This represents an 80% discount off list price. See http://bit.ly/2yRglx9 for boilerplate terms & conditions. See http://www.aserl.org/2017/09/orcid-roadshow/ for more details on implementing ORCID. See ORCID-US Home Page (hosted by LYRASIS.) No closing date for this offer at this time.
- RAPID ILL. ASERL has a longstanding agreement with RAPID-ILL to provide discounts to ASERL libraries on their service fees. No closing date for this offer at this time.
RAPID-ILL 1-Time Set-up Fee:
* ARL-level libs: $7,000 (reduced from $9,700)
* Academic E libs: $6,000 (reduced from $8,700)
* Academic I libs: $5,000 (reduced from $7,700)
RAPID-ILL Annual Maintenance
* ARL-level libs: $7,595 (reduced from $8,895)
* Academic E libs: $6,510 (reduced from $7,820)
* Academic I libs: $4,880 (reduced from $6,730)
Rapid-R fees (assumes the library already subscribes to Rapid-ILL, above)
* ARL-level libs: $1,519 (reduced from $1,779)
* Academic E libs: $1,302 (reduced from $1,564)
* Academic I libs: $976 (reduced from $1,346)
Have ideas for additional group purchase offers you’d like ASERL to consider? Please contact John Burger at firstname.lastname@example.org.