ASERL 2015 Annual Meeting — Full Agenda
ASERL Spring 2015 Membership Meeting
Presentation / Discussion: “Copyright Challenges & Other Issues Facing Research Libraries – A President’s Perspective” President Mark Becker, Georgia State University. Introduction by Tammy Sugarman.
See also: Ithaka Report: “Building a Pathway to Student Success at Georgia State University”
Discussion Tables: Open-Ended Conversations with Colleagues about Emerging Topics in ASERL Libraries
1. Strategies for deaccessioning paper collections: How not to pull a dumpster up to the back of the library
2. Strategic Planning in a state of change
3. Library Friends groups versus social media: How to reach out to the next generation of givers?
4. Student Affairs units as tenants in the library: Partners or Competitors?
5. Shared ILS -– Current Status, Possible Next Steps
6. Others from the floor?
Panel Presentation / Discussion: “Inter-Relationships Between ASERL Libraries and University Presses – What Works, What Challenges?” Toby Graham (U-Georgia), Deborah Jakubs (Duke), Steve Smith (U-Tennessee), John Zenelis (George Mason)
Late Breaking News, Project Announcements, etc.
• Committee chairs – help needed!
• Journal Retention & Gov-Doc retention
• “Deeply Rooted” digital collection
• Kudzu Courier contract
• Shared ILS exploration
• Others from the floor?
Meeting Wrap-Up / Questions & Answers / Adjourn
Fall 2015 Membership Meeting = November 19-20, 2015, New Orleans