ASERL is pleased to offer these in-person professional development events in April 2018.
|ACRL “Intersections of Information Literacy and Scholarly Communications Road Show.”
April 26, 2018, Klaus Advanced Computing Center, Georgia Tech.
View the agenda.
This session will support librarians as they embark on new and exciting leadership roles as educators of students, teaching faculty, and administration alike. Participants will explore the theoretical backgrounds of information literacy and scholarly communication; consider examples of work that embodies the intersections; and create action plans to further the intersections at their institutions. Instructors will be Maryam Fakouri (University of Washington-Seattle) and Joelle Pitts (Kansas State University). See also: ACRL webpage.
|ASERL – ARL Library Liaison Institute.
April 27-28, 2018, Klaus Advanced Computing Center, Georgia Tech.
View the agenda.
Based on ARL’s acclaimed “Transforming Liaison Roles in Research Libraries” series, this event will include one part scenario planning, one part unconference, and one part brainstorming. The agenda has been developed by a 12-person Advisory Panel drawn from ASERL libraries. ASERL members are invited to send teams of 2 – 3 people from their library to attend, including those with outreach roles (could include scholarly communications, digital scholarship, data librarians, special collections, plus those with more traditional disciplinary liaison roles) plus a relevant manager/AUL. We seek this to be a first step in fostering a community of practice within ASERL. Our lead facilitators for this event will be Rita Vine (University of Toronto / Visiting Program Officer – ARL) and Elizabeth Waraksa (Program Director for Research and Strategic Initiatives, ARL).
- Both events will take place on the Georgia Tech campus in midtown Atlanta, GA.
- Registration is now closed (as of 6pm on April 13, 2018).
- ASERL is hosting a complimentary reception on the evening of April 26 for attendees of either event.
- Travel costs are the participant’s responsibility.
- Cancellations are permitted until April 13, 2018; full refunds will be provided until this date. No refunds will be provided for cancellations after April 13, 2018 or for no-show registrants.