HELP WANTED: ASERL needs a new Schol-Comm co-chair!
ASERL is seeking a new Co-Chair to help lead the Scholarly Communications Interest Group for ASERL, as Robin Sinn’s term will expire on June 30th. The new Co-Chair will serve a two-year term beginning July 2016. He/she will work with the ongoing Co-Chair Melanie Kowalski (Emory) and ASERL’s Executive Director (John Burger) to establish priorities for the coming year and review emerging issues/opportunities as they arise.
* Currently employed at an ASERL library
* Effective at fostering a sense of community across remote locations
* Very current on emerging issues impacting Scholarly Communications and Research Libraries
* Availability to contribute 2 – 3 hours per month to this volunteer activity.
* Willing to contact people inside/outside ASERL to serve as webinar speakers
* Familiarity with basic webpage editing tools (WordPress) to help monitor/maintain the ScholComm webpage
NOTE: We are also planning to host a second Scholarly Communications Unconference (“SCUNC”) meeting next year, so experience with such events would be helpful.
Anyone interested in working with Melanie and me on this initiative are asked to submit their names and brief professional background to John Burger (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 31, 2016. Self-nominations are encouraged. The final selection will be made by the ASERL Board of Directors.