ASERL on Twitter
- RT @UNCScholComm: "The American Library Association (ALA) understands that net neutrality enables opportunities for all by protecting an op…
- ""There is a vast body of literature and thousands of intelligent professionals that can help address the problem o… https://t.co/z0DTgKAcIV
- A new @dpla service hub = great news, indeed. Congrats to our Florida colleagues! https://t.co/QWIgAqTdGt
- A big day @msu_libraries! Congrats on this wonderful expansion of your collections and programming. Speakers incl… https://t.co/h6reIvZ3Iv
- RT @RLUK_David: Excellent news from a couple of days ago - half of all citation data held by CrossRef is now open https://t.co/5Fe8CbUgbG
For 60 years, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries has brought together leaders from research, federal, and state libraries in the region to foster a high standard of library excellence through inter-institutional resource sharing and other collaborative efforts. Today, ASERL is the largest regional research library consortium in the United States. By working together, ASERL members continue to provide and maintain top quality resources and services for the students, faculty, and citizens of their respective communities.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for two in-person conferences for ASERL members to be held in April 2018 in Atlanta:
- ASERL hosts ACRL’s “Intersections of Information Literacy and Scholarly Communication” Road Show — April 26, 2018.
- ASERL / ARL Library Liaison Institute — April 27-28, 2018.
These events are open to ASERL members only. Any ASERL member can register for the Intersections workshop; participants in the Library Liaison Institute must be nominated by the library dean/director as part of a 2-3 person team. Registration for both events closes on March 16, 2018, or when space is filled. Click on links above for more information about each event.
Fall 2017 Membership Meeting — November 29-30, 2017 — Miami, FL. Meeting Materials
ASERL’s 2017 Annual Report is now available.
NEWS! ASERL’s 2017 Statistical Survey is now live. Please submit data by January 15, 2018 via our Statistics Portal. More information is available at our Stats Page. (NB: ARL members of ASERL do not need to provide these data to us — we will get a copy of your library’s data from ARL.)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINARS
ASERL offers a wide variety of webinars at no cost for members and other interested professionals. For past webinars, please see our Archive for recordings and speaker materials. ASERL webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
We are lining up webinars for the Spring 2018 semester. If you have ideas or requests for future webinars, please contact John Burger.
Please see our ARCHIVE PAGE for recordings & slides from past webinars.