ASERL on Twitter
- RT @hjoseph: Thank you, California....One #openaccess State Policy down, 49 to go!
- RT @ALA_ACRL: A new version of our Scholarly Communication Toolkit, complete with updated content, is now available. http://t.co/zKpfFHDlQR
- RT @dpla: The @DPLA Technical Advisory Committee will hold an open call on Tue, Sept. 23 at 1:00 PM EDT. Agenda and reg info at http://t.co…
- RT @infodocket: Reimagining the Role of Libraries: Knight Fdn Officially Launches News Challenge For #Libraries, Entries Now Accepted http:…
- POWRR rpt on #digitalpreservation services– @DuraCloud @DSpaceDirect @archivematica great value, service & low cost http://t.co/5D3SvzIBJW
For more than 50 years, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries has brought together leaders from research, federal, and state libraries in the region to foster a high standard of library excellence through inter-institutional resource sharing and other collaborative efforts. Today, ASERL is the largest regional research library consortium in the United States. By working together, ASERL members continue to provide and maintain top quality resources and services for the students, faculty, and citizens of their respective communities.
ASERL has relocated. Our office address is ASERL, c/o Georgia State University Library – Admin Suite LS-7, 100 Decatur Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202. John Burger’s new office number is 404-413-2896. Cheryle Cole-Bennett’s new office number is 470-222-4960.
NOTE: Payments for all ASERL invoices should continue to be sent to Duke University Libraries – Business Services, Box 90194, Durham, NC, 27708.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINARS
“Overview of PSU’s One Button Studio”
Friday, October 10, 2014 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
DIGITAL PRESERVATION SERIES
“Accessioning Born-Digital Content into Special Collections”
Speaker = Erika Farr, Emory University
October 22, 2014 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
“Metadata Schemas for Archiving”
Speaker = TBD
November 5, 2014 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
“Dodging the Memory Hole: Saving Digital News”
Speakers = Matt Schultz and Katherine Skinner
November 17, 2014 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
“Preservation Needs for ‘Big’ and ‘Small’ Data”
Speaker = Sayeed Choudhury
December 2, 2014 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Previous ASERL webinars: ASERL offers many webinars on an array of topics for librarians and staff at member institutions. See the archive for PPTs and session recordings.
ASERL Awards Mini-Grant to Mississippi State University Libraries — Project will review & update tools needed to apply Fair Use principles within Resource Sharing contexts.
More ASERL News…