ASERL on Twitter
- Free ASERL webinar "What Role(s) Should the Library Play in Support of Discovery?" Led by @rschon Fri 10/31, 2pm ET. http://t.co/a1umqK0gvg
- RT @emckiernan13: My slides from yesterday's @ASERLJEB #OpenAccessWeek webcast are up on @figshare http://t.co/AOKxA6liFN #openaccess #OA
- RT @Artstor: Artstor will digitize, catalog & share at-risk collections on the Digital Library and @DPLA. Proposals due Oct 31! http://t.co…
- RT @creativecommons: International associations reaffirm support for immediate open access to research articles https://t.co/tNhrpLOKTs via…
- RT @HarvardLibrary: The Harvard Library lifts restrictions on digital reproductions of works in the public domain #OA #OAWeek2014 http://t.…
For more than 50 years, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries has brought together leaders from research, federal, and state libraries in the region to foster a high standard of library excellence through inter-institutional resource sharing and other collaborative efforts. Today, ASERL is the largest regional research library consortium in the United States. By working together, ASERL members continue to provide and maintain top quality resources and services for the students, faculty, and citizens of their respective communities.
ASERL has relocated. Our office address is: ASERL c/o Georgia State Univ Library – Admin Suite LS-7 100 Decatur Street SE Atlanta, GA 30303-3202 John Burger’s new office number is 404-413-2896. Cheryle Cole-Bennett’s new office number is 470-222-4960. NOTE: Payments for all ASERL invoices should continue to be sent to Duke University Libraries – Business Services, Box 90194, Durham, NC, 27708.
ASERL Networking Reception at Charleston Conference — November 6
ASERL members only, please. Kindly RSVP here by October 31 to attend.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINARS
OPEN ACCESS WEEK WEBCAST: “Erin McKiernan — Open Access: A Researcher’s View.” Please see our Archive for the recording and slides.
“Acquiring, Managing, and Preserving Born-Digital Archives.” Please see our Archive.
Webinar: “What Role(s) Should the Library Play in Support of Discovery?”
Friday, October 31, 2014 | 2pm ET
Webinar: “Overview of DMPTool2 — New and Improved!”
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | 2pm ET
DIGITAL PRESERVATION SERIES
“Acquiring, Managing, and Preserving Born-Digital Archives”
“Dodging the Memory Hole: Saving Digital News” Speakers = Matt Schultz and Katherine Skinner.
“Preservation Needs for ‘Big’ and ‘Small’ Data” Speaker = Sayeed Choudhury.
Previous ASERL webinars: ASERL offers many webinars on an array of topics for librarians and staff at member institutions. See the archive for PPTs and session recordings.