ASERL on Twitter
- RT @reCreatingEU: Curious about #copyright issues in the film industry? This new deliverable outlines the most pressing copyright-related i…
- RT @LIBEReurope: #LIBER wants #ZeroEmbargo on Publicly-Funded Scientific Publications – are you with us? We propose a new model law that ai…
- Our colleagues at UAB @Sterne_Library are seeking candidates for a Research Data Management Librarian post. See… https://t.co/sQC3VzOWLM
- ASERL hosts web-conversation with Dr Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress. Sept 16, 2021, 2pm ET. Event is free bu… https://t.co/o2X7xb7wEO
For 65 years, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries has brought together leaders from research, federal, and state libraries in the region to foster a high standard of library excellence through inter-institutional resource sharing and other important and innovative collaborations. Today, ASERL is among the largest regional research library consortia in the United States. By working together, ASERL members provide and maintain top quality resources and services for the students, faculty, and citizens of their respective communities.
ASERL hosts a Special Afternoon with Dr. Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress
On September 16, 2021, ASERL will host a very special webinar-conversation with Dr. Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress. The discussion will include the story of her career path, from children’s librarian to administrator to becoming the first woman and African-American to lead our nation’s most important library. We will also learn about “Of the People: Widening the Path,” a new project funded by a large grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation that seeks to inspire and mentor new generations through paid internships, engage more with the American public and help communities document their lives, and share those collections with the Library of Congress.
Please join us! As always, registration is free — see https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5610373944210444558 for more information.
This session will be recorded for later playback — see www.aserl.org/archive for recordings.
Copyright Office Hours — Fall 2021 Schedule
Online Q&A sessions with copyright experts from ASERL libraries. Free and open to all ASERL libraries & guests. The sessions are free but registration is required — see below.
• August 27, 3pm ET. REGISTER: https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qd-6hqz4sHNxqkYwCsNQz3y1JunW51vS_
• September 24, 3pm ET. REGISTER: https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUld-itqz4iH9MmE29X2ZCcgMEOoS06SDkv
• October 29, 3pm ET. REGISTER: https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpf-uhqjktHdfVLI_GoZkcxEbD0eC7WdBu
• November 19, 3pm ET. REGISTER: https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcsceisqDMpG9DYuVNUDzbMtRNbF9zGP1Sp
• December 17, 3pm ET. REGISTER: https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqdO6grD0uH9TkjRVfMh96l1Atuqo6EsDS
NEWS! ASERL libraries celebrate successful partnership with Adam Matthew Digital.
News from ASERL’s 2021 Annual Meeting & Spring Membership Meeting
ASERL Email List Updates: See our List Registry
ASERL Copyright Office Hours: On hiatus for the summer. We will resume these sessions in the Fall.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
ASERL offers a wide variety of webinars at no cost for members and other interested professionals. NOTE: ASERL’s Code of Conduct is in effect for all webinar participants. See http://www.aserl.org/aserl_code_of_conduct/. ASERL webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Back to the Future: Managing change in a post-covid library
July 28, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
What’s the Big Deal? How Researchers Are Navigating Changes to Journal Access
August 19, 2021 at 2pm Eastern / 1pm Central Time
A Special Afternoon With Dr. Carla Hayden (Librarian of Congress)
September 16, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
TikTok on the Clock: Teaching Digital Media Literacy Skills on TikTok
September 21, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
Sprouting Talent: Growing Library Leadership at Every Level
September 22, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
How to Talk So Your Boss Will Listen: The Fine Art of Conversing with Your Supervisor
October 21, 2021 at 2pm Eastern Time/1pm Central Time
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about
how to join the webinar. For past webinars, please see our Archive for recordings and speaker materials.