ASERL on Twitter
- RT @R2RC: How #OpenAccess empowered a 16-year-old to make a cancer breakthrough: video interview w @jackandraka & @NIHDirector http://t.co/…
- Big news! RT @ImpactStory Woohoo, it's official! ImpactStory has been awarded $500k, 2yr grant by @sloanfoundation!!! #yayYayYay
- RT @ARLnews: Congrats to John P Wilkin on being named university librarian at UIUC effective August 16! http://t.co/9viXPqFegU
For more than 50 years, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries has brought together leaders from research, federal, and state libraries in the region to foster a high standard of library excellence through inter-institutional resource sharing and other collaborative efforts. Today, ASERL is the largest regional research library consortium in the United States. By working together, ASERL members continue to provide and maintain top quality resources and services for the students, faculty, and citizens of their respective communities.
NEWS! ASERL 2013 Summertime Summit: “Liaison Roles in Open Access and Data Management: Equal Parts Inspiration and Perspiration”
ASERL’s 2013 Summertime Summit will take place on August 6th at Georgia Tech. The agenda is online. Each ASERL library is invited to send up to 3 people to attend in person. Please register by July 15th. Additional seats may be available if space permits. Contact John Burger with questions.
ASERL Files Amicus Brief in Support of GSU: On April 25, 2013, the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) filed an amicus brief with the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals supporting Georgia State University.
ASERL & WRLC Form Massive Print Journal Repository
ASERL and the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) have signed an agreement to combine the contents of their respective print journal archives under a single retention and access agreement. The combined title list exceeds 8,000 journal titles and more than 250,000 volumes, making the ASERL-WRLC Archive one of the largest print journal repositories in the United States. At the same time, WRLC and ASERL libraries have agreed to extend reciprocal priority Inter-Library Loan (ILL) services across the group.
More ASERL News…
“Two Institutions, Two Perspectives, One Partnership: Collaborations in Library Publishing & Digital Scholarship”
Thursday, June 20, 2013 | 2pm EDT
Register at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/124356922
Overview of ImpactStory
July 9, 2013 | 2pm ET
Register at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/668829498
Library-Based Publishing Webinars
* Overview of Current Practice & Library Publishing Coalition — July 16, 1pm ET. Register at http://bit.ly/17Kj2jC
* Focus on Undergraduate Research Journals — July 23, 1pm ET. Register at http://bit.ly/16jza8y
ASERL and the Digital Public Library of America
July 19, 2pm ET
Registration — TBA.
Previous ASERL Webinars
ASERL offers many webinars on an array of topics for librarians and staff at member institutions. See the archive for PPTs and session recordings from our past webinars.